Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Pinarello Kera-Lite

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Pinarello Kera-Lite

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 04:54 AM
olagnero

Bikes: Olagnero Signature Dura Ace 7401, Colnag Super- C-Record Delta, Colnago Decor - Campy 8 speed Mirage, Colnago Master Gilco - C record, Daccordi Furioso - Campy Veloce 9 speed, Pettenella Olympic, Mattolini Corsa Campy SR Drillium,Bertin - Shimano 600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pinarello Kera-Lite

Here is my Pinarello, rare frame set only offered in '96 and used by Bjarne Riis in his TdF win.
tempted to restore to Team Telekom colors but the decor finish is so cool...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Pinarello finished1.jpg (57.1 KB, 59 views)
Pinarello finished3.jpg (63.1 KB, 29 views)
Pinarello finished5.jpg (58.3 KB, 55 views)
Old 02-01-13, 05:41 AM
Italuminium
Cisalpinist

Bikes: blue ones.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Oh my.beautiful bike. Don't touch the finish, it's fine as it is. I wonder if "ceramic" part of the alloy was something really different or just marketing. I was a big fan of Telekom back then.
Old 02-01-13, 07:02 AM
jbchybridrider 

Liked 403 Times in 153 Posts
Dude stripping that paint is a criminal offence! don't do it.
Old 02-01-13, 07:15 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,271 Times in 1,651 Posts
Originally Posted by olagnero
Here is my Pinarello, rare frame set only offered in '96 and used by Bjarne Riis in his TdF win.
tempted to restore to Team Telekom colors but the decor finish is so cool...
OK it looks nice but what is it? What is so special about the frame? Did someone already repaint this to that great yellow? Or do you simply want to repaint to those TeleCom colors? I agree it looks great as it sits there don't touch the paint.

Originally Posted by Italuminium
Oh my.beautiful bike. Don't touch the finish, it's fine as it is. I wonder if "ceramic" part of the alloy was something really different or just marketing. I was a big fan of Telekom back then.
Ceramic? I don't know much about these is the ceramic alloy something like Specialized was doing in '91ish?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-02-13, 02:22 AM
olagnero

Bikes: Olagnero Signature Dura Ace 7401, Colnag Super- C-Record Delta, Colnago Decor - Campy 8 speed Mirage, Colnago Master Gilco - C record, Daccordi Furioso - Campy Veloce 9 speed, Pettenella Olympic, Mattolini Corsa Campy SR Drillium,Bertin - Shimano 600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Italuminium
yep its staying as it is! I need some good decals tho, the originals were like most pinarellos, crumbled! The replacements are wrong color and the letter spacing is different, but ok for now
more photos here...https://flic.kr/s/aHsjDHEZyJ