Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Blue Norcross SP as an all purpose bike?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-13, 08:58 PM
waynesworld
Papaya King

Bikes: 2009 Felt X City D, 1985 (?) Trek 400, 1995 (?) Specialized Rockhopper, 1995 Trek 850

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi. I just ran across this and it got me wondering. I have a 2010 Kona Jake as an all purpose bike, and I love it. Late last year I bought a 2008 Jake frame that I planned to build up as another all purpose bike. Not that I needed one, but I wanted to build my first bike, and I found it on Craigslist. So I bought it and started buying parts. Recently I thought that I might want to try something different, since I already have a Jake, so...

Today on Nashbar I find the Blue Norcross SP. I've found that some people really like them via search, but those people race them. I don't race, so I'm trying to figure out where that bike may fit into my stable. I really don't need another all purpose bike (Kona Jake) or road bike (BMC Streetracer), but I already have some of the parts, and I want to build something that I'll use.

So...what is the frame like? I'm not good at understanding geometry numbers, though I've read them. Does it have braze-ons for a rack? In the pic it looks like there may be two at the bottom, but I can't tell if there are any on top. How large of a tire can it fit? How does it ride?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks.