Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Spanish Giro

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-13, 08:20 AM
curiouskid55

Bikes: o5 Specilized roubaix Comp, 06 Tequilo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Spanish Giro-Retraction

My wife just texted me at work that the Giro coverage on Bein Sports is in Spanish. One or two races here and there in Spanish, no big deal. Twenty two days in a row? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This will be the first in I dont know how many Giros that there will effectively be no Noth American coverage. Thanks NBC Sports , Universal Sports Network, and Bein Sport. At least on Universal Sport you used to be able to pay for delayed pay per view.

Got home and spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dish. They explained that Bien was not offered as an English language channel, Spanish only on channels on 871 and 873. Bummer. Started reviewing every channel I receive and discovered Bien on 392. Guess what. English. And a Giro highlight show. With the most beautiful HD I have ever seen coming out of Italy. So hopefully it will play out in English for the rest off the best grand tour of the year. Nice job Bien Sport.

Last edited by curiouskid55; 05-04-13 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-04-13, 12:11 PM
Kind of Blued

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You live in Southern California. Seems like a great time to learn Spanish.
Old 05-04-13, 08:37 PM
cafzali

Bikes: Giant TCR SL3 and Trek 1.5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
There actually is English coverage. I take it you don't have satellite or one of the smaller cable operators that carry universal sports. If that's the case, go to steephill.com and look for the video links to English coverage, usually from Eurosport. The downside, of course, is you have to watch it live and can't do on demand like we could when Universal Sports wasn't so thickheaded and sold Web subscriptions to their races.
Old 05-05-13, 01:24 AM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4381 Post(s)
Liked 3,053 Times in 1,653 Posts
Originally Posted by curiouskid55
My wife just texted me at work that the Giro coverage on Bein Sports is in Spanish. One or two races here and there in Spanish, no big deal. Twenty two days in a row? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This will be the first in I dont know how many Giros that there will effectively be no Noth American coverage. Thanks NBC Sports , Universal Sports Network, and Bein Sport. At least on Universal Sport you used to be able to pay for delayed pay per view.

Got home and spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dish. They explained that Bien was not offered as an English language channel, Spanish only on channels on 871 and 873. Bummer. Started reviewing every channel I receive and discovered Bien on 392. Guess what. English. And a Giro highlight show. With the most beautiful HD I have ever seen coming out of Italy. So hopefully it will play out in English for the rest off the best grand tour of the year. Nice job Bien Sport.
Que se joda.

It's just cycling commentary. "Wurf has a 10 minute lead. Wurf has a 30 second lead. Wurf has been absorbed by the peloton. Cavendish wins."

Que bella ciudad es Napoli.

Che bella citta e Napoli

What a beautiful city Naples is.

I would've given my cojon izquierdo for coverage like this 30 years ago... even if it were in Bulgarian.