Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

St. Paul Minn./Where to Ride??

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 10:09 AM
recneps345

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will have 7-8 hours in St. Paul to get out and go for a bike ride. Any suggestions for a nice 3 hour ride? It will have to begin close to the city, as I won't have a ton of time to ride out anywhere. Also, any other tips on things to check out while I am there? Again, we are only talking 7 hours of free time. Thanks.
Old 06-03-13, 10:15 AM
clichty

Bikes: Moots Vamoots RCS, Serotta Ti, Felt F55, Surly Ogre

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 12 Posts
The Greenway/trails are a fun way to explore. Not really hilly at all, but you could ride all over the Twin Cities for a few hours. Or you could head out east towards Wisconsin and do some backroad riding. The greenway is a neat experience, you can easily get a 50 mile loop starting in St. Paul.
Old 06-03-13, 11:29 AM
halfspeed

Bikes: are better than yours.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
This is the 30 mile St Paul Classic bike ride route: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/388579. It's a very pretty urban ride.

And before anyone decides to razz me about my average speed, here's the previous day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/386956.
Old 06-03-13, 02:56 PM
recneps345

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by halfspeed
This is the 30 mile St Paul Classic bike ride route: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/388579. It's a very pretty urban ride.

And before anyone decides to razz me about my average speed, here's the previous day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/386956.
Thanks. I will probably check this out. Any nice rides toward the Wisconsin border? How long of a out and back would I be looking at?
Old 06-03-13, 05:01 PM
MinnBobber

Bikes: Serotta

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, you may want to check the Twin City Bike Club website. They do about 10 different rides each day and post their schedule. It will tell where it starts, length, level of ride (A,B,C), etc. If you don't want a group ride, schedule doesn't work for you, I think they have a link to each ride/can download cue sheet or to a Garmin. Note-- I have not done that but think one can. What date/day of the week/ time of day can you ride? I can also check the schedule. Several rides head out east from St. Paul into St. Croix River Valley area. Do you have car to get to rides/ your own bike? Bob