Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Zwift price increase

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-24, 09:17 AM
Jjbailey930

Bikes: Trek Domane, Felt Z85, Sworks Tarmac

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 19 Posts
Zwift Price Increase

Just received this email -

"We’re writing to inform you of changes to your Zwift Subscription pricing. The monthly Zwift subscription price will be increased to $19.99, plus applicable taxes. Your first payment at the new price will be on your next billing date after June 6th.

We hope you’re enjoying your time on Zwift. We have worked hard to keep prices locked since 2017 and have made this change to allow us to continue making indoor cycling fun with more content experiences and product innovation. "

Just in time for summer when most of us will be riding outdoors. I usually suspend my sub between May and Sept but this time it may be permanent.
Likes For Jjbailey930:
Old 05-07-24, 11:10 AM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 176 Times in 88 Posts
It worked for Strava, so why not!

This may push me over the edge June, July, and August. Likely most folks will not care and just keep going. Post covid it seems road riding is more dangerous than it used to be. Plus there is some semblance of personal interaction with others while Zwifting. If only Zwift would fix some of the errors that they have ignored, although I don't see them. New routes, new features, keeping it fresh, well kinda. I only use some of what is there.
Old 05-07-24, 01:01 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4258 Post(s)
Liked 2,975 Times in 1,828 Posts
More than making me drop Zwift, this is more likely to get me to drop Strava. Other than the personal records on various segments bit (which I haven't been setting due to health issues), I get just about everything else I use Strava for these days on intervals.icu. Might just make that my full time app.

Likes For himespau:
Old 05-08-24, 05:03 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4544 Post(s)
Liked 5,050 Times in 3,118 Posts
It’s hardly a surprise given that the price has remained frozen since 2017. I might now take advantage of the recent annual subscription discount. I think you can still lock in the current price for another year if quick.

I don’t mind the price increase as long as they keep improving. I think it is still relatively early days for virtual cycling. I certainly don’t want to see Zwift fail.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 05-09-24, 06:30 PM
Jjbailey930

Bikes: Trek Domane, Felt Z85, Sworks Tarmac

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 19 Posts
Only been a user since 2021. So 30% increase is a surprise. I will try out Rouvy before I decide to keep Zwift on an annual plan. I did buy a new Wahoo Kickr that came with an annual sub. Will see if that can be transferred. Starting over from my 33 level is not a big deal since they changed how points are awarded based on weekly use.
Old 05-10-24, 05:51 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 796 Posts
I saw the email. I was due to re-pause Zwift (which I normally do during the good riding months) but this time cancelled, knowing I can re-join at the same level as before when the colder weather settles in.
I got a survey asking me why I cancelled. I clicked on Price Increase. Then, another question asked if I would be more inclined to not cancel if there were a reduced monthly fee during the normal outdoor riding season. Yeah, now and then it would be good to jump on the trainer, especially when it's been raining for a few days, or there's no one to ride with. I said yes, but we'll see what happens.
Old 05-10-24, 04:37 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 176 Times in 88 Posts
Bald Paul Last fall after my summer cancel due to not needing it, I found that Zwift was giving a set amount of time free monthly before requiring renewal payment. Also as you noticed if you drop and come back you jump in exactly where you were as far as game level, history, follows and followers, and drops. If you use the Companion app you can even keep in contact with those you follow and continue to give ride-ons and comment on their activities.
For me it will really depend on the weather we have. Mine renews on 5-11, probably go another month then cancel. We still are having a number of windy days and it is nice to have options.
Old 05-10-24, 05:04 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,760 Times in 2,560 Posts
I like riding indoors at least a couple of times a week because it takes a lot less time. Especially now that zwift doesn't force you to upgrade when one's available. And if it's raining. I don't mind riding in the rain, but I find it nearly impossible to start when it's raining.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 05-11-24, 07:53 AM
Bald Paul

Originally Posted by Black wallnut
Bald Paul Last fall after my summer cancel due to not needing it, I found that Zwift was giving a set amount of time free monthly before requiring renewal payment. Also as you noticed if you drop and come back you jump in exactly where you were as far as game level, history, follows and followers, and drops. If you use the Companion app you can even keep in contact with those you follow and continue to give ride-ons and comment on their activities.
For me it will really depend on the weather we have. Mine renews on 5-11, probably go another month then cancel. We still are having a number of windy days and it is nice to have options.
Yes, I think it's something like 25kms (or it used to be, may be less now.) For me, that's about one ride a month.
Old 05-11-24, 11:37 AM
himespau 

They don't make you stop the ride you're on, so you could get 2 rides up Alpe du Zwift or Ven-top if you really wanted to get your hours out of that 25 km.

Likes For himespau:
Old 05-11-24, 04:44 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked 1,193 Times in 694 Posts
right, back when i used zwift and stopped during th eoff season i could do a ride and stop at about 20km. then if i needed to again in that month i could start another, get to the 25km then just click "No" when prompted to join. after that click i could ride forever.
Old 05-13-24, 01:24 PM
jays35

Bikes: 3 - Bianchis

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Pros - Cons on Pausing.

I am going to pause my subscription due to the increase since I don’t ride inside during the nice weather.

If I cancel and then rejoin later this fall, will it pickup where I left off or will it start as a new account? Or would the pause be the best option?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-13-24, 02:12 PM
himespau 

Canceling is supposed to let you pick up where you left off (though the language has changed since last year). Pausing only lets you stop for a specific amount of time (I think it's up to 8 weeks) and then it automatically restarts and restarts billing you at that time.

Old 05-13-24, 10:16 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked 1,193 Times in 694 Posts
i canceled my sub about 2 years ago. then earlier this year i did the 2 week free trial and picked up where i left off.
Old 05-14-24, 01:43 AM
the hoff

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
This sucks, definitely worth reviewing whether necessary.
Old 05-15-24, 06:35 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 377 Posts
For the amount I used it this winter it is worth every penny. I lost 40 pounds between dieting and riding Zwift.
Likes For zacster:
Old 05-16-24, 08:10 AM
Velometry

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Zwift price increase

What are your thoughts on Zwift giving themselves a 38% price increase.... just when summer is coming
Old 05-16-24, 08:45 AM
himespau 

They're doing it now because, when the weather gets bad and everyone wants to come back in on their bikes, they'll be over the sticker shock and will just pay up. Short term pain of extra people dropping now to be followed by long term gain of added revenue (and almost everyone coming back) when the winter comes from Z's point of view.

Had one of the competitors (especially one of the free ones) had a killer competition ready to go (ZRL clone, maybe), it might be a different story, but they weren't ready for it.

Old 05-16-24, 09:45 AM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
are there other comparable options?
Old 05-16-24, 09:51 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3056 Post(s)
Liked 1,220 Times in 790 Posts
I find it funny people actually pay for this stuff.

When the weather gets bad...just get better clothing or in the case of winter get a fat bike.
Likes For prj71:
Old 05-16-24, 10:41 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18517 Post(s)
Liked 15,847 Times in 7,443 Posts
People pay? To ride their bikes? Indoors?
Old 05-16-24, 11:17 AM
hidetaka

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
I find it funny people actually pay for this stuff.
When the weather gets bad...just get better clothing or in the case of winter get a fat bike.
Yeah, gotta be outdoors to effectively yell at the clouds...
Likes For hidetaka:
Old 05-16-24, 11:26 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 1,814 Times in 1,041 Posts
I think I heard someone say they have not had an increase in a while, maybe 2018 or something like that, could be off, but I know its been a while. I think they might be due one based on all the improvements they have made through the years.

Old 05-16-24, 11:45 AM
Michael Novo

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Personally just not a fan of Rouvy and would switch to it only if Zwift was not around. It just feels a bit "off" and less polished than something like Zwift. Seems like they simply tried to make a replica of Zwift but in reality. When I'm riding indoors, I like the fact that I go off into more of a fantasy world such as the Highline in NY or Jungle Route in Watopia. It's much more fun to look at the fun animated details than to be sitting on a road near powerlines in Rouvy. In terms of scouting real world rides as I do some races in various locations, to me it's just not useful because the reality is that if I'm climbing or descending a route I've not done before then how I'm pedaling / handling the bike on the trainer will be completely different than the real world, especially if I'm passing or being passed by others when it's an actual race. Finally, Rouvy just has a creepy augmented feel for me where it's just a cut and paste avatar on the road lacking true realism and shading / shadows. Minor details in that things such as the watt savings in a draft is more info than I care or need to know...here I'm saving 7 watts and there only 6. Again, I want to just zone out a bit and either just enjoy the animated scenery or focus on the training program I'm running. Other minor factor is the social aspect where Zwift leads but again I'm mostly on Zwift to race or do a scenic training ride. To me Zwift just seems like the easy thing to hate on since it's the king of the hill, but in reality the refinement and detail within Zwift will take a bit longer for anyone to overtake. With one price hike in 7 years, I'll continue to support Zwift, but will continue to check in on other training apps at the start of each indoor season for something better. At the moment, Zwift is the best all-around choice imo.
Old 05-16-24, 11:48 AM
Bald Paul

I think you should refer to this thread in the proper forum: Zwift Price Increase - Bike Forums
Likes For Bald Paul:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.